Every dollar counts.
Your donation is essential to making a difference to those who are homeless or on the verge of losing their home. So donate today!
Every donation helps. Here are just a few examples of where your dollars go:
$20 buys bus tickets for parents to get to work or the grocery store
$50 gives a family safe shelter so they don’t have to sleep on the street
$100 feeds the children in our after school program healthy snacks
$250 buys cots for emergency overnight shelter
$500 supports a family of four for a month in a transitional apartment while they save money
Organize your own fundraiser with the help of your school, congregation or club.
We can help you every step of the way. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Have enough “stuff”. Ask for donations to the Coalition in lieu of gifts this year!
- Organize a happy hour, cocktail event, dinner or luncheon to help raise funds and awareness for the Coalition’s mission.
- Stay active while organizing a walk, run or cycling event to raise funds and awareness for the homeless. Yoga in the park anyone?
- Crowdfunding: Take advantage of crowdfunding platforms such as Crowdrise to ask for sponsors.
Volunteer to help at a Fundraising Event
The Coalition has various events throughout the year to help raise money for the critical programs and services we offer individuals, children and families. Join our planning committee, volunteer for the day or buy a ticket and encourage friends and family to do the same!
- Hoops to End Homelessness (January)
- “There’s No Place Like Home” Cocktail Reception (May)
- Our longest running fundraiser, St Helen’s Service Auction, is held at St. Helen’s Parish Center in Westfield every fall
- We recognize greater Elizabeth’s largest industry through our Transportation, Logistics and Distribution (TLD) Breakfast (October)
We have many more events. Please contact us for more information.
Organize a Collection
Sponsor a drive to collect essential personal and household items. For example, our winter shelter clients receive a hospitality kit – a duffle bag with a blanket, undergarments, change of clothes and personal hygiene items, so we always need these items. The families living in our Hospitality Houses need towels, bedding and basic kitchen supplies as well as food and clothing. And the children in Bernice’s Place need school supplies, coats and clothing.
Or check out our current wish list on Amazon to buy something for our children or families.
Let us know what you’re doing or if you have any questions.